che at the bank by karl
12:26 am, 16 November 2006
saw a bank ad with che guevara on it the other day. made me sick. I’m no revolutionary, I mean, i own a cap with a red star on it.. (actually it’s borrowed but who’s arguing) but that’s about as close as i come to being a communist, and i still felt like i wanted to tear it down. is there nothing the bastards won’t touch?
bah!.. i’m going to refuse to use the ATM so they make no fees from me in protest…
guestbook by karl
2:43 am, 9 November 2006
hi everyone. this is just a quick note to remind you all if you’re asking us questions about touring, lyrics or anything you need to check the email adress box otherwise we don’t know how to find you.
MTV Italia by karl
2:18 am, 9 November 2006
i must apolosise for the rampant neglect this section of the site has recieved over the last couple of months. I am usually one for pretty good excuses but as i feel i’m among friends i’ll just admit i’ve been very lame and extremely busy.
I have finished school for the year and am looking forward to being over this way in the cold cold of europa until the end of january.
Pete and i have been frantically getting ready for our tour which if you have read the tour diary you know it kicks off in all it’s glory tomorrow on MTV italia of all places. Yep. for all your sodastream needs just tune in to the show ‘brand new’ in italy and you’ll find pete and i looking awkward and out of place while doing our very best to appear charming and stylish.
We’re previewing our new film clip which is exciting for us and hopefully for some of you too. Some of our good friends back home in melbourne and sydney worked very hard and did an amazing job.
hotlips in melbourne by karl
6:15 pm, 22 August 2006
anyone who’s had a look over this page would know that i am an avid watcher of M.A.S.H. i watch it most days. 9 i know it’s sad but i’ve come to terms with my addiction:)but the other day my heart was broken. yes broken i tell you, when i recieved a text telling me that hotlips houlihan was in town. that’s right my town… not korea or even a bad telemovie! i checked the timestamp on the message and began to get a little worried. it was from at least half an hour ago. would i make it? surely i wouldn’t miss the opportunity of a lifetime. i crossed town in a flash and raced excitedly into jb hifi only to find the staff members packing up the army fatigues and camo netting. so with sagging shoulders and a much depleted will to live i stood on the escalator that carried me out of the store. Friends have tried to console me by saying she looked scarey, what with all her plastic surgery and all but it doesn’t help. no it doesn’t help.
small sips by karl
6:23 pm, 14 August 2006
i’ve been involved in a slow moving project over the last couple of years called small sips. it’s headed up by Matt Aulich who used to play in the paradise motel. there’s a bunch of us now and we have a show at northcote social club on thursday the 17th. yep… that’s this thursday. there’s about ten people playing and it should be a lot of fun so come on down if you’re free. we’ll be playing songs from the record that came out a month ago called, the morning ripples…
for those that live further north we’re in sydney at the hopetoun on the 25th and the troubadour in brisbane on the 26th.
have a look at the inertia website if you wanna hear some tunes.
hope to see you there.
Pete wants you to visit
- omit needless words
- the blog of our good friend patrick who is one of the creators of this very website. many quality rants herewith.
- last fm
- this is a great way to find out about music, and is what music sharing should really be all about
- office space
- if you have ever worked in an office cubicle, then this is a movie you must see... one of my favourites of all time with gold quotes a-plenty.
- the webshite
- this is some scary evidence of how manufactured commercial rock music is. it streams two nickelback songs thorugh each speaker at the same time and you guessed it... they are the same. the mind boggles....
- found magazine
- positively one of my most favourite mags ever. it's like another world, and feels somehow wrong, but so good at the same time!! try and get hold of a physical copy if you can - it's worth it.
Pete's Top Tracks
Karl wants you to visit
- Have a look at the work of some amazing artists including: Ernesto Caivano. Marcel Dzama, Daniel Clowes, and Edward del Rosario just to name a few..
- If you love M.A.S.H like me and your friends make fun of you, go somewhere where they can't find you and check out this site.
- David Rowe is a friend of ours and does cartoons for the Financial Review. If you like cartoons with a nasty streak have a look at these.
- books on the go right now
- the corrections by jonathan franzen ******************************************* idle thoughts of an idle fellow by jerome k jerome ******************************************* the unconquerable world by jonathan schell****